ARE YOU READY FOR SOME MECHANICAL AND MAGICAL MAYHEM? We sure are! ROBOTS VS FAIRIES launches TODAY! This is my second anthology collaboration with Navah, and once again the fine folks at Saga Press have created a truly beautiful physical book that we are so damn proud to be sharing with the world. This thing is seriously gorgeous inside and out. It is magical and shiny and pretty and (if I do say so myself) GOOD AND FUN! We both had such a blast working on this project – especially with the intro.
You probably already know (or THINK you know) which team you’re on, but you may find yourself switching teams once you’re done reading! Some of our authors can be pretty compelling (and some have some very compelling forces working behind them)…
NOW, CHOOSE BETWEEN THE ARTIFICIAL AND THE (SUPER)NATURAL AND SWEAR ALLEGIANCE TO EITHER THE ROBOTS OR THE FAIRIES (or, maybe, sneakily to both if you like living on the edge)!
We have a Goodreads giveaway going until January 23rd, so if you live in the US be sure to enter for your chance to win!
- Booklist: This is a cinematic and well-paced collection and will please both science-fiction and fantasy readers with its variety. Team Robot or Team Fairy? Definitely both.
- Library Journal: These lively, action-packed, and emotional tales by the best writers in sf/fantasy allow readers to root for their favorite team or discover new pleasures in an unfamiliar genre. Continuing their excellent teamwork (after The Starlit Wood), the editors highlight two popular character groups in speculative fiction. Exceptional storytelling and well-paced writing make this volume a total delight.
- Chicago Tribune: It’s a cliche to say there’s something for everyone here, but in this surprisingly eclectic anthology there probably is.
- Washington Post: Robots vs. Fairies is the creature feature you didn’t know you wanted.
- Barnes & Noble Sci-Fi and Fantasy Blog: Robots v. Fairies is a perfect mix of wonder and humor, technology and magic, with a touch of darkness here and there to ground us in the truths behind the myths and invention, and it’s sure to appeal to fans of both genres.
- Publishers Weekly: Editors Parisien and Wolfe have cannily chosen a variety of stories that offer individual, distinctive insights into both living machines and magical creatures, along with glimpses of how humans might react to their face-off.
- The Verge: 18 Science Fiction and Fantasy Books to Read this January
- Barnes & Nobles: The best Science Fiction and Fantasy Books of January 2018
- Barnes & Noble: 95 Books Sci-Fi & Fantasy Editors Can’t Wait for You to Read in 2018
- Kirkus – Kickstart Your Year in Reading with January’s Best Science Fiction and Fantasy Books
- Geek Dad: Stack Overflow: 6 Stories of Artificial Intelligence
- Tor.com: All the Genre-Bending Books Coming Out in January
- Travelling Book Junkie: 21 Fantastic Books to Add to your Reading List this January (2018)